Monday 14 May 2012

A Re-Introduction of Sorts

Ok, I'm back for real this time.  I apologize for my hiatus but sometimes work gets the better of you.  I've been spending my days meeting deadlines, attending sales meetings, reviewing internal numbers, and all the good stuff that comes along with my job.  It then dawned on me late last night that I hadn't posted on here in nearly two months!  Yikes!

Time to fix that.

It's funny; I work for a small IT/technology consulting firm (I'll go into why this is a challenging "label" for the company in my next post) that's been around for nearly 20 years.  In my position, I should know that regular self-marketing is crucial to growing business.  As many of you know, I'm sure, it can be very easy to forget about that and slip into the day-to-day routine of managing and running your company.

"Now hold on a minute!  Where are the posts related to graph databases?" the astute reader will immediately wonder.

My answer is similar to the one given above: It's been difficult to clear time for myself to further investigate my beloved graph databases; however, I'm going to try to make a conscious effort in the coming months to reverse that.

So, I'm expanding the scope of this blog to include matters that involve what I hope to be beneficial information and insight into my industry.

I am the CIO and VP, Technology of BHS Consultants.  I've been with the company since 2001 and started as a junior developer and co-op student.  Technology moves fast, and those who work in/with it have to move fast, as well.

It's my goal to pass on the insight and knowledge I've gained over the years in addition to the new things I come across and learn in my travels.

Some of it may be conventional wisdom; some of it may fly in the face of it.  I leave it as an exercise to the reader (I've always wanted to use that phrase ever since university) to think critically about what I put forward and take from it what you will, whether you agree or disagree with what you read.

That's a long enough re-introduction.  I hope to post a lot more to this blog, both on technology and business alike.

Comments, as always, are always welcome (please do try to keep them constructive, though).

I'll see you on the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment